SIT (Six-week Introductory Training) in Mindfulness
"Mindfulness reveals the nature of our own mind, which is clear awareness, that is receptive, boundless and free. — Mark Coleman
Six weekly Mindfulness Meditation Classes followed by practice reflections, journaling, or quietly enjoying summer mornings onboard the S/V Blue Mind.
A mindful half-day River Cruise/Sail may be added on for an additional fee.
The course is for those new to Mindfulness Meditation and for those who wish to deepen their practice by cultivating a way of being rather than a way of doing. This way of being is an embodied presence, is self-aware, self-compassionate, and is available at any moment when we wake up to the wisdom of our bodies.
- Week 1: Introduction to and Overview of Mindfulness - You can train your attention and focus with mindfulness practice
- Week 2: Mindfulness of Body - You can be present and embodied through mindfulness of body
- Week 3: Feeling Tone/Hindrances - You can explore and reduce your reactivity to experience
- Week 4: Mindfulness of Emotion - You can explore and develop more emotional intelligence
- Week 5: Mindfulness of Thought/Mental Processes - You can develop a wise relationship to thoughts and diminish self-judgment
- Week 6: Cultivating Kindness/Taking the Practice Home -You can open awareness to all experience and grow a loving heart